These terms regard the products and services of Lene Kottal Professional Genealogy (located at Rulkedalen 9, 5260 Odense S, Denmark), VAT no. 34845298.
BY USING MY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
Section A: Privacy Protection
Section B: Order Process
- You book a 30-minute call, so we can plan your research project.
- During the planning call we will discuss what you already know, your sources, what you would like to know, and the number of hours authorized for the project.
- If we come to an agreement during our call, I will send you a contract outlining the details of the project.
- You accept the contract via e-mail and by paying the deposit specified in the contract.
Section C: Products and Services
- Each project includes a written report.
- The conclusions in the report will be based on reasonably exhaustive research and a thorough analysis and correlation of information and sources.
- Each conclusion is documented through research notes and precise references to all used sources.
- I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ALL THE REQUESTED INFORMATION CAN BE DOCUMENTED. I CAN ALSO NOT GUARANTEE HOW MANY ANCESTORS OR DESCENDANTS I CAN IDENTIFY.
Section D: Payment and Delivery
- All orders require payment of a non-refundable deposit to secure a place in my research calendar, because once your project is booked, that time is unavailable to be booked by anyone else.
- The balance or second payment (depending on the project) must be paid before the report is delivered.
- The balance (if not settled with the payment of the deposit or the second payment) must be paid within ten (10) days after the delivery of the project.
- I ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENTS VIA PAYPAL. There I use this e-mail address: [email protected]
Section E: Returns and Refunds
- Each research project and the report are tailored products. You can therefore not cancel your order after paying the deposit. You acknowledge that you thereby lose your cancellation right and your right to a refund due to cancellation.
- When you order a research project, you are paying for my time, not for a result. Unless otherwise agreed, you are not entitled to a refund or discount, if some of the requested details cannot be documented and/or the requested number of ancestors or descendants cannot be identified.
- If you have ordered research to identify living relatives, and an identified living relative will not consent to me sharing his/her data, I am not allowed to share it. You are not entitled to a refund on the grounds of living individuals refusing to consent to me processing their data.
Section F: After Sales Services
- Each project ends with a 30-minute presentation call, where I will answer any questions you might have about the contents of the report, as long as it does not entail further research.
Section G: About these Terms
- I may modify these terms to reflect changes of the law or of my products or services at any time.
- Notice of changes to these terms will be posted here. Changes of products or services will not apply retroactively for accepted contracts. Changes made for legal reasons will be effective at the date stated in the law.
This version of these terms of service was posted on 4 May 2020 and are effective from that time.